Returns & Replacements
All our plants are nursery propagated, and none of them are collected in the wild.
All our plants are guaranteed to be true to name and to arrive in good condition. Plants might incur minor damage from our packaging procedures, and some plants might have to be cut back in preparation for shipping. However, this does not affect the overall health of the plants.
To minimize any negative effects caused by shipping, live plants should be immediately removed from their packaging upon receipt, and watered according to need. Please provide your plants with a 48 hour acclimatization period, sheltered from direct sun, before transplanting them to their permanent location.
Please open your shipment upon receipt, and inspect your plants. Any claims of damage, or errors in fulfilment, must be reported within 7 calendar days of receipt. If any package was damaged during shipping, you must notify the carrier immediately.
Our website provides guidelines for the cultivation of our plants. Because we have no control over the environmental conditions our plants will be subjected to after receipt, we cannot provide any guarantee that is not directly related to the health of the plants when you received them. However, please let us know about any disappointments you experience. We may be able to help.
- Orders for plugs and potted plants will ship within 10 calendar days, unless notified otherwise.
- Orders for bare-roots will ship within 2 weeks, unless notified otherwise. Extra time is often needed to prepare the plant for shipping.
- Any cancellations received within 10 calendar days of ship date, or estimated ship date, will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- In the case that you received an estimated ship date that exceeds 10 calendar days, you may cancel your order prior to 10 days of the estimated ship date, subject to a 15% cancellation fee.
Sorry, no exceptions.
Shipped Plant Orders
- Shipped Plant orders cannot be returned.
- Under no circumstances do we refund shipping charges.
- Under no circumstances will we accept any liability beyond the original purchase price of the plants.
- Valid claims will be honored by either offering you replacement plants, or store credit, but will not be refunded.
- Replacement plants will be subject to shipping fees.
Sorry, no exceptions.
In order to view pricing and availability for our plants, you must first enter your Destination zip code, in the header, or on a Species’ Details page. There are two main reasons behind this:
- We do not want to show you options that will not be able to ship to your destination due to quarantines or other restrictions.
- We will sort the nurseries that offer the species you are interested in, by proximity to your destination.
You may view all the nurseries that offer your desired species, by going to the Pricing & Availability tab, or clicking on the View All Nursery Options button. We do however recommend that you select the nursery closest to you, to reduce shipping transit times, as well as to increase the chances of purchasing a plant of a genotype best adapted to your ecoregion.
You may add plants from any number of nurseries, to your shopping cart, while only being subjected to a single checkout process.
Shipping & Delivery
We will only ship to the 48 contiguous and the District of Columbia.
Bare root herbaceous perennials will ship via USPS ground throughout the 48 contiguous states, and the District of Columbia.
All other plants will ship via FedEx ground (2 days).
We ship by mid-week, to ensure the order is delivered that same week and is not held in transit over the weekend.
We try to fulfill all orders within 2 weeks of receipt, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Because we are working with live plant material, there are many variables that can affect our ability to fulfill orders within our 2 week ideal timeframe, including unforseeable weather conditions, and unpredictable delays in plants reaching shipping maturity.
You may contact us at anytime for an update on your order status, and we will respond within 2 business days.
Upon completing an order, you will receive a confirmation email that will include your order’s details.
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification that will include a shipping tracking number.
If you have created an account, you may log in to view the status of your order.
If you placed your order as a "Guest", you will not be able to view your order status, and should retain a copy of your order confirmation after completing check out for your records.